FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON EACH WORKSHOP
Wildlings Forest School
Youth Ave, Burnside
We meet at the Sunshine Coast PCYC. Head to the oval side of the PCYC and wait for us under the green little athletics shed. Please ensure your waterbottles are full and that you utilise the toilets whilst you are here as there aren't any loos or drinking water in the forest. Whilst we have a fantastic relationship with the PCYC, we are not affiliated with them. If you get lost, or have any questions upon arrival, please contact us/speak to our staff to avoid disrupting the PCYC staff. We appreciate your help in this, as we wouldn't be able to run our programs without their generous support.
Age: 7-15 years (Children under 7 are welcome to attend for the regular price with an accompanying adult)
- Food and water for the day
- Long pants (compulsory)
- Closed in shoes - aqua shoes, gumboots or runners they can get wet (compulsory)
- Towel & swimmers
- Rain gear in wet weather
- A change of clothes in case children utilise the creek.
In order to finalise our resources and staffing we require 48 hours notice for all cancellations to qualify for a refund or change of date. Please do not ask staff for flexibility on this policy as refusal may cause offence. Because our fees, resources and staffing are based on particular ratios, we unfortunately cannot offer ‘make up’ days or offer refunds if your child is absent.
- We are an all weather activity, so please pack wet weather gear (rain jacket, rain pants, gumboots) if the forecast is predicting rain.
- This is a drop off activity, however parents are more than welcome to stay.
- Activities are planned to last for approximately half of the three hour session. Most activities will last the whole three hours, whilst some may last one hour, or just half an hour before the children decide to go and climb a tree, throw rocks in the creek or build a cubby house instead. We are child-led, meaning we will follow the interests of your child/ren. So please be aware that whilst you may sign your child up for a particular activity with a particular end product in mind, your child may find something else far more interesting to do!
- Yes, you can book both the AM & PM session (attend all day). We will supervise your child whilst they have their lunch and a break between sessions.
Please contact us via email with any queries you may have (rather than Facebook messenger or comments/Instagram if you can help it) at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can keep all our communications in one place. We are often out of range or in the forest running activities (particularly during the holidays), so most of our administration work is done after hours. Thank you for your understanding!
LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN!
My daughter loves Wildlings (and so do I) she comes home dirty, exhausted and full of wild stories of amazing adventures which is just what I want for her every day! Wildlings holiday workshops fill our holidays with memories and fun and we can’t wait for the next one!! - Meghan R
I've got 4 kids under 8 and Wildlings has given us the best adventures they've had. I can't commit to a regular playgroup because of work, so I keep an eye out every time there's a holiday programme out. We've come along to make flower crowns in the pouring rain, learn how to light fires and bake cakes in orange peels, build rafts, slide down mud slides, skip stones, and get wet, dirty, outside and happy. I stay rather than drop off so my 1-4 year olds can play, and there is always something perfect happening for every one of my kids. I can usually find a spot I can see them all from and have a sit down, but often end up joining in myself. The Petrie Creek setting for the holiday workshops is beautifully shaded and full of different settings and spots for exploring, although we usually end up in the creek whatever the activity is. It's lively and peaceful at the same time. 100% recommended - Clare R
What a whole lot of fun! The three hours passed so quickly and she didn't want to leave. We'll be back for sure - Janelle K