Expressions of Interest
FOREST SCHOOL LEADERS AND PLAYGROUP FACILITATORS
Great news! Wildlings Forest School is growing faster than we could have hoped and interest in forest-schooling and alternative ways of education on the Sunshine Coast is booming.
This all means we're looking for great leaders to join our team in the near future to run playgroups and lead groups of children aged 0-18 years indoors and out. We need people who are driven, enthusiastic, caring, patient, responsible, fit, energetic, friendly and follow or understand respectful/natural/attachment parenting philosophies, but most of all, we need people who are FUN!
Before you apply, please ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you love working with children?
- Do you trust that children are inherently capable of teaching themselves?
- Do you have a passion for the outdoors?
- Are you a qualified (or in training) Early Childhood Educator, Outdoor Educator, Teacher or Environmentalist?
- Do you think you have something unique to offer?
- Do you like physical exertion, splashing in muddy puddles, dancing in the rain and the sound of children squealing with glee? (Or in other words, can you handle hard physical work, mud, wet conditions, mosquito bites, sweat, blood, snot, tears and lots of noise?!)
- Do you have a Blue Card or Blue Card Exemption?
- Do you love (or can you at least tolerate) snakes, bugs and spiders?
Days and hours will vary depending on our numbers but if you think this is the job for you, please email a cover letter and copy of your resume to email@example.com.
If you would like to volunteer your time or services to Wildlings Forest School, please don't hesitate to contact us. Many hands make light work, so if you have a Blue Card and some spare time, we'd love to hear from you! We would particularly love to hear from anyone with interest/skills in woodworking, Scouts/Guides, art, craft, music, yoga, meditation, bush-tucker, native/vegetable gardening, permaculture, indigenous culture, history, environment, sustainability, water care or anything else nature related!
Let's give our children skills for life and a community that cares for them!
WIDER FIELD EXPERIENCE - University of the Sunshine Coast
Does your Education degree require you to participate in Wider Field Experience? Well come and tick off your hours on the banks of the beautiful Petrie Creek at Wildings Forest School or Little Wildlings Nature Playgroup. Tasks may include the set-up, pack-up and guidance of outdoor activities, nature crafts and provocations, tool maintenance and the supervision and observation of children aged 0-18 years. Little Wildlings operates every Tuesday from 9:30-11:30am and Wildlings Forest School operates every Wednesday from 9:30-1:30pm. Contact us or your Wider Field Experience coordinator at USC on this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to find out more?
Drop us a line today for more information!