Click here to register your child for Forest Kindy!
WILDLINGS FOREST KINDY (0-6 Year Olds)
Wildlings Forest Kindy is a village where families come together to play, explore, take risks and immerse themselves in nature. We follow the Forest Schooling philosophy where we provide the time, the space and the tools for children to learn new skills in nature through play. Just some of the many skills children will learn include:
- How to start, manage fires and cook on fires
- How to use hand tools such as hammers, bow saws, hand drills and whittling knives
- How to tie knots and lashings to build cubbies and shelters
- Flora and fauna identification
- Seasons and weather patterns
- Environment and water conservation
Whilst there is some direct instruction (mainly on the safe use of tools/fire management) and we generally invite children to participate in one activity or project, the bulk of our sessions are child-led. We are huge play and self-directed education advocates, which means the sign of a good day for us is when we can step back and just watch the kids play.
Petrie Creek, Burnside
(We meet at Sunshine Coast PCYC, Youth Ave, Burnside)
When: Every Wednesday during term time
Ages: 0-6 years
Upfront Weekly Cost (5 weeks paid in advance):
- 0-6 years $32 per day, per child ($160 upfront)
- Additional siblings $25 ($125 upfront)
- Siblings under 3 years free of charge
Casual Weekly Cost:
- 0-6 years $42 per day per child
- Siblings 2 years and under free of charge
* Please contact us if you'd like to alternate weeks with your regular Kindy day.
Please note: We are not a drop-off facility, meaning all children must be accompanied by a parent/caregiver at Forest School.
See our gallery for some of our most recent adventures!