WHAT DO WE OFFER?
As the leading provider of nature play, outdoor learning and bush kindy skills in Queensland, our aim is to ensure your educators provide the children in your care with safe and fun learning activities in nature. We offer Professional Development workshops for educators and teachers at own forest school sites or your centre.
- Implement a Forest School Program in your Setting
- Implement a Beach School in your Setting
- Breaking Down the Barriers to Starting a Bush or Beach Kindy Program
- Hand Tool Use and Safety
- Fire and Bush Cooking
- Ropes, Knots and Shelters
- Sustainability & Environmental Management
- Respectful Communication
- Numeracy in the Forest
- Literacy in the Forest
- Art in the Forest
- Science in the Forest
- Risk Assessments for Outdoor Learning Spaces
If you are looking for training in something that isn't listed, please contact us and we will make it happen! We offer a 20% discount for group bookings of 3 or more staff.
SCHOOL & CENTRE WORKSHOPS
Hosting a workshop for your staff enables us to tailor our workshops to cater to your specific staff and centre's needs and provides practical training onsite that will instill your staff with the confidence they need to run Outdoor Learning programs.
We want to get more children outdoors and the best way for us to do this is to educate educators in the most affordable way possible.
We can run workshops at your school/centre, your Bush Kindy/Forest School/Outdoor Learning site, or our own.
So, fill out the form below and we can start creating your own customised workshop to get staff feeling confident to take your children outdoors!
We are passionate about sharing our knowledge and expertise with educators who are interested in expanding their teaching beyond the classroom.
We are available for consultations with schools, centres or individuals who are investing in nature spaces, outdoor classrooms and Bush Kindy programs. We can also provide on-site mentoring to Principals, Directors, Teachers and Educators, implementing outdoor learning or Bush Kindy programs. Some ways in which you might use us as consultants include:
- Having us walk staff through creating risk assessments, policies and procedures specifically for Outdoor Learning or Bush Kindy programs prior to your first session
- Nature space/outdoor classroom/bush kindy space consultancy. We have seen many different spaces and are able to give suggestions on the best way to utilise and maximise your outdoor space
- Having us participate in your first Bush Kindy/Outdoor Classroom lesson as an advisor (let us hold your hand for the first session)
Consultants are available on the Sunshine Coast, Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
HIRE A FOREST SCHOOL LEADER
We can run your Outdoor Classroom or Bush Kindy sessions for you. Whether this is a one-off event for Outdoor Classroom or World Environment day, or a weekly session, our staff can come to your site and run your sessions for you. Why would you choose this option?
- Our staff are all qualified teachers or early childcare workers, Level 3 Forest School Leaders, have their First Aid certificates and Working with Children Blue Card.
- We supply all the resources
- Being teachers ourselves, we understand how difficult it can be to meet curriculum requirements and keep students engaged, interested and motivated to learn. We tailor our programs to meet all your curriculum requirements whilst engaging students, encouraging a growth mindset and developing their social and emotional well-being whilst we're at it.
- Our prices are comparable to supply teachers, so if you are looking for an exciting new way to relieve your staff for non-contact time on a regular basis - we can help. This means no lesson-planning for teachers, at a lower cost to your school, all whilst children are creating their own learning.
- Staffing can be a nightmare. Forget having to constantly retrain new staff, or train staff who aren't interested. By hiring us, you are guaranteed to get qualified, passionate Forest School leaders with years in the industry.
- This is a cheap way to inservice your staff as they observe us at work.
- We do all the risk assessments for your site prior to starting with you.
- Special days such as Outdoor Classroom Day, World Environment Day, Earth Hour Day etc book out fast. Please book early to avoid disappointment!
- Consultants are available on the Sunshine Coast and Brisbane. We can service other areas for a travel fee.
Contact us to discuss how we can tailor make a program for you today!
Yes, we do offer Mentoring for services and educators who would like to learn about Forest School, Outdoor Learning, Outdoor Classrooms etc in a hands-on, practical way by being a part of our programs. Due to the high number of inquiries and our desire to ensure our children aren't overwhelmed with new faces and that their program isn't compromised, we only offer a limited amount of these placements per year. Please contact us for further information and prices.
Director, Vicci Oliver is a qualified, knowledgeable and extremely passionate Marine Biologist, Secondary Maths and Science teacher. Vicci offers guided rock pool tours as well as seasonal land-based whale tours at various beaches along the Sunshine Coast.
PRICE: $15 p/person (group discounts apply, please enquire)
SESSION LENGTH: 1.5 Hours