WHAT DO WE OFFER?
As the leading provider of nature play, outdoor learning and bush kindy skills in Queensland, our aim to ensure your educators provide the children in your care with safe and fun learning activities in nature. We offer Professional Development workshops for educators and teachers at own forest school sites or your centre.
- Implement a Forest School Program in your Setting
- Implement a Beach School in your Setting
- Breaking Down the Barriers to Starting a Bush or Beach Kindy Program
- Hand Tool Use and Safety
- Fire and Bush Cooking
- Ropes, Knots and Shelters
- Numeracy in the Forest
- Literacy in the Forest
- Art in the Forest
- Science in the Forest
- Risk Assessments for Outdoor Learning Spaces
If you are looking for training in something that isn't listed, please contact us and we will make it happen! We offer discounts for hosting events at your school site and for group bookings.
HOST A WORKSHOP
Hosting a workshop at your school or centre allows us to save on venue hire fees, allows us to cross promote and enables us to tailor our workshops to cater to your staff and centre's specific needs. We want to make nature play accessible to all and the best way we can do this is to educate our educators by making our workshops affordable, or even profitable to you.
- Minimum booking fee of $1200 or 6 educators required for bookings on the Sunshine Coast (attendees don't have to be from your centre). No travel or accommodation costs.
- Minimum booking fee of $1500 or 7 educators required for all other regions (attendees don't have to be from your centre). Accommodation and travel costs not included. However please note that accommodation costs may be waived in some areas as we have family we can stay with and are happy to be hosted at times. Please enquire.
- For every 6 attendees that pay to attend, you will receive 1 free ticket. Up to 5 tickets.
- Full-day workshops range from $200-250 per person uncatered.
- Any paid bookings over 15 PAX become your profit! Maximum workshop numbers range from 25-30PAX.
Yes, we do offer Mentoring for services and educators who would like to learn about Forest School, Outdoor Learning, Outdoor Classrooms etc in a hands-on, practical way by being a part of our programs. Due to the high number of inquiries and our desire to ensure our children aren't overwhelmed with new faces and that their program isn't compromised, we only offer a limited amount of these placements per year. Please contact us for further information and prices.
Director, Vicci Oliver is a qualified, knowledgeable and extremely passionate Marine Biologist, Secondary Maths and Science teacher. Vicci offers guided rock pool tours as well as seasonal land-based whale tours at various beaches along the Sunshine Coast.
PRICE: $15 p/person (group discounts apply, please enquire)
SESSION LENGTH: 1.5 Hours