Our weekly Forest Kindergarten Programs give children the opportunity to have quality, unstructured play time outdoors in our Forest School.
Children will have access to a running fresh water creek, plenty of climbing trees, mud, hand tools (such as hand saws, drills & hammers) and natural resources to create a unique project of their own choosing.
Just some of the many skills children will learn include:
- How to start, manage fires and cook on fires
- How to use hand tools such as hammers, bow saws, hand drills and whittling knives
- How to tie knots and lashings to build cubbies and shelters
- Flora and fauna identification
- Making primitive weapons from local weed species
- Seasons and weather patterns
- Environment and water conservation
- Building and floating rafts (Sunshine Coast only)
Forest Kindergarten is not just a space for your children to play and learn. It is also a supportive environment for parents and carers to "unlearn" our modern tendencies to over-structure and minimise risky play.