SEVERE WEATHER CANCELLATION
Severe weather compromises the safety of all participants at Forest School. The severity of the weather event can pose different challenges for different sites and may include but not be limited to thunderstorms, high winds with the risk of branches falling, flash flooding, extreme tides or wave action (in coastal sites). If severe weather is forecast and a new venue cannot be found, the session may be cancelled in advance (the day before or earlier) we are able to offer you a credit towards another session, workshops or products with the Wildlings Store.
If a session is cut short or cancelled half way through due to a severe weather event or unsafe conditions, we are unfortunately unable to refund the days fees.
We are an 'all weather' program meaning that all of our programs go ahead in wet weather as long as it is safe. We put up temporary rain shelters but participants will very likely still get wet (usually by choice). Please ensure all attendees (children, students AND staff) are appropriately dressed and prepared.
Please note that if your school/centre decides to cancel on the morning of your booked program due to rain you will incur a cancellation fee.
WILDLINGS FOREST SCHOOL, KINDY, PLAYGROUP, HOLIDAY PROGRAM AND HOMESCHOOL WORKSHOP PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Fees vary from program to program but must be payed up front (for the upfront price) via Paypal, or Direct Deposit or by other payment options by prior arrangement before a program starts. This gives Wildlings Forest School time to organise resources, cancel/rearrange programs, staff, venue hire etc if we don’t meet minimum requirements for that particular program. If an attendee registers but does not pay by this time, the attendee will be unable to participate in the program.
Absence (sick) Policy
Because fees, costs, resources and staffing are based on particular ratios, Wildlings Forest School unfortunately cannot offer ‘make-up’ days or offer refunds if an attendee is absent due to illness.
Wildlings Forest School is committed to providing our families with the opportunity to partake in Forest School activities, however our numbers are limited by our ratios. When a family cancels without giving enough notice, they prevent another family from participating in our program. We also book our activity providers and staff based on a certain minimum number of children. When a family pulls out at the last minute, we then have to try and fill this space at the last minute or pay for these places that aren’t filled ourselves.
We understand that at times life happens and you may need to cancel. Please contact us within 48hours of the program start time to qualify for a full refund. Cancellation within 24 hours of the program start time will result in a loss of 50% of your fees. Once the program has commenced, cancellation will mean a forfeit of all fees paid.
We do not refund Open Day cancellations as we lose money in Paypal fees and administration costs meaning it costs us more to refund you than it was to attend to begin with. We hope you understand.
If a program is cancelled to due minimum numbers not being met your family will be entitled to either a full refund or the choice of another program.
WILDLINGS EXCURSION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP PAYMENT & CANCELLATION POLICY
Confirmation of bookings
- The minimum booking fee, or 50% of the total booking fee (please enquire) must be paid as a deposit within 7 days of receiving your invoice to confirm your booking. You may lose your preferred date if payment is not received by this date.
Make a payment
Full payment of invoices must be made within 7 days of recieving your invoice, either by:
BSB: 084 756
Account No: 924635284
Please quote your invoice number
Make cheques payable to ‘Where the Wildlings Grow’ and send to:
Where the Wildlings Grow
19 Hill St
Currumundi, QLD, 4551
Payment Details and Cancellation Policy
- Final participant numbers must be confirmed a minimum of one week prior to date of booking to ensure we can staff your booking at the correct ratio and have adequate resources organised for the day.
- Cancellation within 2 weeks of your booking will result in the loss of your security deposit.
- Final payment is due within 7 days (post) excursion/workshop/program.
- No refund will be given if a booking is cancelled within 7 days of your scheduled booking date. You will be required to pay the full amount of your invoice, including any outstanding payments.
- Any changes to your booking must be made in writing by emailing email@example.com including adjustments to student numbers, dates and times.